Saturday, July 09, 2011

Summer vacation at the lake

Back from a week at the lake. Stayed in a cabin up in Brainerd. What a week! Grandpa Terry and Grandma Barb came for a few days as did Margaret and Michael. Here are some of my coups for the week:
  1. Swam out to the lake's floating dock and jumped in - Margaret said this was a rite of passage for every kid
  2. Tour de Kavanaugh's in a 5 person surrey bike with my parents, Michael, and Margaret
  3. Enjoyed a leisurely pontoon ride around the lake with Dad at the wheel - took a refreshing dip in the middle of the lake
  4. Grandma and Mom took me for a spin in a canoe - I think they thought it was more exciting than I did
  5. Family nature hike - didn't complain too much and just ran or skipped when I was bored
  6. Respectable showing in the creek rubber duck races
  7. Went jet-skiing with my parents - you would have thought Dad has been doing it for years as he quickly mastered it
  8. Swam 2 or 3 times every day and impressed two 4 year-olds with my mad pool skills
  9. Built some truly amazing sand castle compounds - more fun to build or destroy?!?!
  10. All in all had a truly great, great time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home